Tuesday 24 April 2007

Smock it out!

So, why do I love this seasons Fashion Range?



I'm not 'that much' into fashion. I'm one for believing you should dress how you like and try not to conform to high street or fashion rules, yet i still frequently get asked where i shop and buy my clothes from.

I do think its important that we all stay 'in touch' to a certain degree with what our husbands may find attractive outside the home. That doesn't mean I encourage sisters to go and buy fashion magazines, I wouldn't pay any amount of money for cosmo, company or instyle. But I do sometimes pick up some lifestyle magazines free from boots or asda etc that do have some benefit in them.

This season I love most of the stuff thats in, for a reason. Apart from the fact that skinny jeans are finally moving on after what seems like eternity, wide leg trousers are back in - thats more like it.

The main thing to put on your shopping list is the smock dress.
I'm told you either love it or hate it - I love it.

They are attractive, can be dressed up or down to suit any occasion and (if worn with jeans, legins or trousers), are modest enough to wear in front of other sisters and our fathers and brothers etc.

The best thing is they are versatile - suitable also for both pregnancy and breastfeeding! If your on the skinny or slim side and want to look fuller, the smock dress is sure to do the trick and on the other side of things if you have stomach you want to conceal it'll work for you too.

If European fashion is not really your thing, there are also smocks that are more similar to Asian designs.

The great thing about the smock though is that it really requires so little thought – you can just throw it on and not think about what to put with it. It’s care-free fashion in its purest form.


Fashion Tip:- Black, black and more black?

If you're in a dilemma where most of your clothes are black you don't need to splash out on a new wardrobe for spring or summer, just wear your blacks with white to achieve a spring/summer look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JazakAllah Khayr for the great tip - I only have mainly black in my wardrobe!