Friday 16 April 2010

Re-charged Mum of 3 - All praise is due to Allah!

Alhamdulillah my 3rd daughter was born almost 3 weeks ago by the Grace and Mercy of Allah. Alhamdulillah another difficult pregnancy is over and now I'm trying to make the most of my energy and good health that Allah has blessed me with (I hardly spend any quality time with my girls since I was so sick,) as well as trying to make the most of the lovely weather at the moment. I've been doing various gardening activities with them and hope to post up some activity/ lesson plans soon.

There are so many benefits to gardening and getting the children to attempt to grow some of their own food. Most importantly though I feel it helps them to become more aware of Allah as as the Creator of all things and controller of all affairs since a seed may not even germinate.

They also learn to be responsible as they have to remember to water the soil each day, they acquire patience - as they wait for the seedlings to appear and learn to make du'aa - as they really want the seedlings to appear soon!

I hope the du'aas are answered soon though as I'm also having to acquire my own patience... :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sallam,
Sister I saw this poem i though you might appreciate.

http://muslimspoet.blogspot.com/2010/04/children.html

khadeeja said...

salaam-alaykum mabrook! Allah make all your children the coolness of your eyes.

Umm Zaidah Nusaybah said...

Assalamu alaikum,

I hope you and the girls are well inshaAllah. it was lovely seeing you all xx

Anonymous said...

Um maymoonah congratulations, what have you called her?
Um zaida will you upload the marriage notes soon? You both must be very busy but it would be nice to see this website updated more.

Anonymous said...

And how are your plants growing yet? I want to grow plants but I live in a flat with no garden.

Umm Maymoonah said...

Assalamu-alaykum

Anonymous - thanks for sharing.

Ameen to all the du'aas and Jazakumullahu khair.

Umm Z - was lovely to see you all too and really do hope you come down again soon and not wait so long until the summer hols...


Anonymous - our first seedlings appeared last week and so far so good Alhamdulillah.

There are some things you could try growing indoors at a window as I am doing such as herbs and cherry tomatoes.

I actually only have a small yard but Alhamdulillah we have a communal shared garden / Alley that has been done up and many of my neighbours are elderly so ours is well looked after. It's also a good opportunity for dawa - discussing gardening with some of the neighbours.

Check the links below for some growing guides and see which are suitable for indoor growing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/digin/

http://www.channel4.com/food/on-tv/jamie-oliver/jamie-at-home/growing-guides/index.html

There are free seeds, growing guides and stickers for the kids available on the Dig In page.

Anonymous said...

MarshaAllah! Really pleased to hear your good news.

Nice to read about you too Umm Nusayba. We miss you. Come and join us soo inshaAllah.

Umm Hannah

Umm Zaidah Nusaybah said...

umm hanna how are you? I really miss you guys and the playgroup. zaidah has got a place in nurul islam pre-school so thats why I am unable to come on tuesdays. xx